“Thank you to all of the volunteers, community members, and partner agencies for referring so many great applicants to our home build program. We have so many wonderful families that have applied and we are very excited. We expect to open the application process again later this year. We will keep you posted. Now back to swing hammers.”
Apply for Home Build Program
Our primary objective is to provide housing that is simple, decent, and affordable to purchase The objective is to build durable housing that meets the needs of the families selected to own them. Families are chosen on the basis of:
1. Need for housing
2. Ability to make the “Habitat House” payments.
3. Willingness to partner with Habitat in accomplishing our mission.
If you feel you meet the criteria under the Eligibility requirements in the brochure (link to brochure) gather the following documents:
- Legal names and applicable information on all members of household.
- Contact information, income and expense verification for the following: Current Employer, Past Employer, Landlord (Lease agreement, payment verification), Creditors, Loans (student, car, etc.), Tuition, Insurance, Bank Statements (previous month), Child Support, Alimony, Food Stamps, TANF, DSHS/SSA/SSI, all other bills (utilities, phone, medical, etc.), any other income or expense documentation and two personal references.
- Previous year tax paperwork (W-2/Filing Papers).
Additional time to provide information will be provided.
Attend an application meeting at Habitat for Humanity of Kitsap County Administrative Office at
3559 Wheaton Way, Bremerton WA 98310.
Applications Closed til Further Notice. New dates will be posted so please check back.
If you have questions please contact
Ginny Duff, Family Services Coordinator
If you need additional accommodations or auxiliary aids please contact our office at 360-479-3853.
Our goal is to empower those with a housing need to become financially stable and prepare them to be successful homeowners.